Introduction & membership
We’re working in partnership with industry on how to practically attain net-zero in the finance, insurance and energy sectors, using Open Banking as a template for innovation, regulatory and systems change.
- 1-pager summary of Icebreaker One and its founder [PDF / Gdoc]
- FAQ — more detail on our focus and approach to Icebreaker innovation [PDF download version]
- Membership & sponsorship pricing https://icebreakerone.org/membership/
- Open Energy (active programme)
- Overview: £1M SERI programme & narrative (active programme) https://icebreakerone.org/start-here/ & Davos announcement http://bit.ly/ib1-seri
- Icebreaker Innovation Constellation — a federated accelerator (concept note) http://bit.ly/ib1-fa1
Icebreaker One operating model
We aim to raise £30M over 10 years to run a core team (20-30) who are catalysts (our Icecore), with funding split 50:50 between public/philanthropic funding and private-sector membership. We aim to further unlock >£300M through a federated accelerator model (see above). Our mission is to influence investment decisions of $3.6T/year to deliver net-zero or net-negative outcomes by 2030, unlocking a standards-based marketplace for environmental & financial data, and leveraged finance for innovation.
Narratives & context
- Defining the data infrastructure for climate-ready investment http://bit.ly/IB1-CRDI
- How might regulation enable financial innovation to deliver a carbon-zero future? http://bit.ly/ib1-tfcf-b1
- User needs/use-cases https://icebreakerone.org/use-cases/
- Ecosystem map (over 200 initiatives) http://bit.ly/ib1-cefid-blog
- 70-page discussion document presented at the UN DRR https://icebreakerone.org/2019/05/13/discussion-paper/