Icebreaker One Supporters are a growing community of people helping make data work harder to get to net zero. They include large enterprises, SME’s, start-ups, non-profits, and individuals. Signing up as a Supporter means becoming part of this community and working with Icebreaker One to unlock net-zero data.
If you would like to join as an Open Energy Member, please join here.
“We are delighted to have IB1 as a partner, they’ve
set the standard for what is possible”
“A tremendously successful initiative that has gone
above and beyond what was expected.”
|Type||Size (#employees)||Supporter fee|
(£ per month)
|Individual (pay what you want)||n/a||from £4|
|Corporate / Enterprise||> 250||820|
|NGO (large)||> 250||250|
|NGO (small) or Startups (<50 people)||< 250||50|
|Ecosystem supporter (e.g. Trade bodies, Local Authorities)||n/a||n/a|
- Individual supporters: Join a community of like-minded people & be part of our Net Zero Future
- NGO: Help unlock data to deliver your mission.
- SME: Find collaborators and help unlock data to grow your business
- Corporate: Help unlock data to future-proof your business
If you are interested in a closer relationship as a Member or Strategic Partner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Icebreaker One Supporters benefit from:
- Access to a network of like-minded professionals to connect with
- Showing that you or your business are part of the movement to unlock net-zero data
- Shaping Icebreaker One’s use cases and work on Open Standards
- Finding new collaborators
- Having a say in how better data access can help your organisation
- Exploration, learning, sharing and innovating
- Identifying and/or developing joint funding proposals that address collective-action challenges
- Attending in-person and online events
- The satisfaction of being part of a community that is making data work harder to get to net-zero
Hitting Net Zero will require collaboration across sectors and disciplines—we are exploring how to best connect skills, expertise and best practice to unlock net-zero data. All Icebreakers are engaged and participate in the delivery of our Net Zero Future through their work, domain expertise, facilities and resources. Our areas of net-zero focus include:
- ESG & environmental reporting
- Built World
The Icebreaker One Trust Framework
Lack of trusted data flow is leading to poor decisions that make it more risky and difficult to quantify and invest in the transition to net-zero.
Huge quantities of data are being generated from our financial systems, our built world and our environment. But we’re missing the opportunity to use it to get to net zero. To use it, we need to connect it to see the whole picture – it can generate rich insight into lowering emissions, adapting to climate change, and direct financing to impact.
This isn’t a problem that needs new technology. Many attempts to consolidate—new databases and portals—struggle to scale and we’re letting this opportunity slip through our fingers. Our economic and infrastructure systems are being digitalised in a decentralised and distributed way. There is no ‘centre’ in a system like this: we need to connect not collect data.
We want data to flow more easily and this means we need to clarify the rules of the road. We want to reduce the friction of finding, accessing, and using both commercial and non-commercial data in a timely way.
What is Icebreaker One doing?
We’re creating a web of net-zero data – connecting financial, engineering and environmental data to help inform net-zero decisions. Much of this data is restricted, so we’re enabling that web by creating policies and guardrails that ensure data is comparable, machine-readable and trusted. To achieve this we are working across industries and governments to develop the Icebreaker One Trust Framework.
The Icebreaker One Trust Framework is a set of principles that both codify and operationalise (makes usable) rules to make data flow more easily between organisations. This set of principles and rules are co-designed through the Icebreaker Forum.
The Icebreaker Forum creates multi-disciplinary, multi-sector collaborations with practical outcomes. It enables sectors to create net-zero data strategies and open standards. We also deploy tools that support net-zero data such as search and access control to accelerate action.
Join us today to support our mission — working together we can accelerate change.