ABOUT: The threat of climate change to the global economy is tangible, and the increase in catastrophic climate events is capable of bankrupting markets and even nation-states. We are already witnessing insurance in some areas becoming untenable – which is a genuine threat to communities and wider society.
This online panel explores the scale of the problem, the challenges and opportunities of using existing data to help develop new insurance products, and presents how Icebreaker One is working to tackle these challenges
- Gavin Starks, Founder, Icebreaker One
- Julie Calkins, Head of Risk Information for Climate Adaptation at Climate-KIC
- Duncan Duffy, Global Head of Technology, Electrotechnical, Lloyd’s Register
- Vanessa Escobar, Lead Scientist for NOAA/NASA GEO-XO User Engagement, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Lisa Horrocks, Climate Resilience, Arup
- Lubomila Jordanova, CEO & Founder, Plan A