To find out more sign up to our newsletter
Icebreaker One, University College Dublin (UCD), Global Open Centre of Finance (GOFCoE), and United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) have joined forces to support cities, regions and countries to recover from Covid-19 while delivering their net-zero carbon emission goals.
We are looking for ambitious cities and regional governments, financial organisations, and both public and private financial institutions to join us in development.
Our goal is to develop analytical tools, data-infrastructure, policy recommendations, economic modelling and communications that can be used worldwide. Your engagement will be central to the success of this programme, help prioritise work based on actual user needs and explore potential innovation and challenges.
Over the coming weeks, as we are initiating the project, we are especially keen to hear from cities and regions, asset managers and investors who are committed to net-zero. Email Michelle firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
What are we doing?
Phase One: throughout 2020 we will carry out user engagement with cities, investors, asset managers and economic institutions to understand:
- The challenges and opportunities to transitioning to a net-zero future
- How rapid financial support can be deployed to enable economic recovery from Covid-19
- How investors, local and national governments can be sure they are investing to address both challenges
- The role of public and private sector data, and what data infrastructure is needed to drive insight
The work will be developed in collaboration with GOFCoE, who will map resilience and adaptation needs for future-proof, sustainable finance and UCD who will provide statistical analysis at company, industry and regional levels to assess the economic impacts of Covid-19, and carry out comparative analyses across different industries to understand how green economic recovery can be fostered by policymakers and financiers.
We will create analytics, tooling and policy recommendations for those trying to navigate the highly complex set of challenges in addressing both Covid-19 and net-zero.
Phase Two: we will build on Phase One in 2021 to assist cities and regions to address their binding commitments to net-zero while addressing the greatest economic challenges of our time.
For more information:
- Please join our webinar on 13 August at 11am.
- Get in touch with Michelle at Michelle.Brook@icebreakerone.org – especially if you work in city or regional government, or are an asset manager or investor.
- Sign up to our newsletter to stay informed about the workshops taking place later this year.
This project is supported by EIT Climate-KIC.