MEDA — Open Energy public webinar
A public-access show & tell covering the results of the Modernising Energy Data Access Discovery Phase will take place on Wednesday 15 July 12.55pm-14.30pm at https://ukri.zoom.us/j/96509458686
Presentations will be from:
- Siemens (13.00pm – 13.30pm)
- Electron (13.30pm – 14.00pm)
- Icebreaker One (14.00pm – 14.30pm)
The show and tell will be recorded and made publicly available. Presentations will cover the projects’ activity over the initial 6 week discovery phase plus a brief insight into their plans for next phase (the alpha prototype). More details about the Icebreaker One approach is here: https://icebreakerone.org/energy/
Unlocking the power of data to deliver a net-zero future
EVENT: London Climate Action Week https://www.londonclimateactionweek.org/events
WHEN: 2020-06-23 Thursday 11am BST
WHERE: Online. Link via sign-up.
- Gavin Starks, Founder, Icebreaker One
- Julie Calkins, Head of Risk Information for Climate Adaptation at Climate-KIC
- Duncan Duffy, Global Head of Technology, Electrotechnical, Lloyd’s Register
- Vanessa Escobar, Lead Scientist for NOAA/NASA GEO-XO User Engagement, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Lisa Horrocks, Climate Resilience, Arup
- Lubomila Jordanova, CEO & Founder, Plan A
The threat of climate change to the global economy is tangible, and the increase in catastrophic climate events is capable of bankrupting markets and even nation-states. We are already witnessing insurance in some areas becoming untenable – which is a genuine threat to communities and wider society.
This panel session will outline the scale of the problem, and present the workings of Icebreaker One, a constellation of industry leaders who have come together to develop and test climate-ready financial products in 2020.
Open consultation on Open Energy
Over the coming weeks, as part of the national MEDA programme, we will be exploring how an Energy Data Ecosystem might lay the foundations for our national energy data infrastructure. We will be holding four industry-focused webinars to listen to your ideas, provide an overview of our approach and gather feedback. Each session will follow the same format, incorporating feedback from the previous ones.
We will hold these at 11am on the 19th, 22nd, 29th June and the 6th July. Sign up (free) https://icebreakerone.org/2020/06/01/open-energy/
2020-January: Davos, Switzerland
- Icebreaker One launches £1m funding to develop urgently needed climate-ready financial products
- UN lists Icebreaker One as a top-20 agent of change
- Session — An Innovation Agenda for Climate Resilience, Adaptation and Mitigation Through Data
2019-September: Climate Action Summit, New York
2019-July: Industry round table at the House of Lords, London
We co-hosted a cross-industry roundtable at the House of Lords in London: meeting minutes here.