On 9 November, our founder and CEO, Gavin Starks, shared his thoughts on the power of open data with Richard Foster-Fletcher on Boundless Podcast, as part of the Infinite Leaders Series. He talked about:
- how to create a working blueprint for the freer sharing and licensing of data at scale;
- how Open Banking principles can be applied to other sectors such as energy;
- how investment is responding to the risks related to climate change;
- the need to move faster to decarbonise activities; and
- adopting the principles of a war economy.
“As a benchmark, we spent two to three times our GDP creating the railways, effectively creating the industrial revolution. The idea that we’re going to somehow re-engineer and de-carbonise everything for some small percentage of our GDP, I think is magical thinking.” Gavin Starks, Founder & CEO, Icebreaker One
Listen to the full episode:
For further reading on open data and data sharing, please click here.