Earlier this week the Icebreaker One team discussed how the Open Energy service will reduce friction in data sharing and accelerate innovation within the UK energy ecosystem, with contributions from SSE and BEIS.
You can watch a recording of the webinar here:
When: 17 May 2021, 11.30am-12pm BST
Where: Online, archive below
- Gea Mikic, Programme Manager, Icebreaker One (Chair)
- Kasia Kulma, Data Scientist, Icebreaker One
- Tolu Oladimeji, Data Governance & Strategy Lead, SSE
- Danae Marshall, Senior Policy Advisor, BEIS (Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy)
Open Energy is a new service that will enable people in the UK’s energy ecosystem to seamlessly search for, share and access shared data in an easy, secure way. It will develop a trusted ecosystem of data providers and energy data service providers, helping the sector drive towards Net Zero and resolving current challenges around opening up datasets.
This half-hour event will lay out what Open Energy will mean for data providers:
- Improving the quality and standard of your data
- Meeting your strategic targets and compliance obligations
- Engaging with stakeholders in the energy supply chains
- Enhancing your company profile and visibility of your services
The team will answer questions from the audience and share information on how to join Open Energy as a beta tester.
Open Energy won UK Government backing and funding from UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).