When: 28 June 2021, 10am-11am BST
Where: Online, sign up via Eventbrite
- Gavin Starks, CEO, Icebreaker One [Chair]
- Harriet Richards, Policy Advisor, COP26 Private Finance Hub, HM Treasury
- Wendy Kriz, Actuary, Barnett Waddingham
- Dominic Probyn, Director, Aon Inpoint
- Vichi Chandra, Researcher, Co-Chair of Systems & Standards Advisory Group, Icebreaker One
This event will look at the role of insurance in the UK’s commitment to the Paris Agreement. How well are insurers looking at climate risks in the built environment to help people and businesses rebuild after climate disasters like floods? And how can a shared data infrastructure underpin and enable a transition to a green economy?
With a panel of insurance leaders, it will look at the implications on emissions of the sector’s current set-up, then present the key shifts needed to align insurers with the UK’s targets to cut emissions.
This event is organised as part of London Climate Action Week 2021.