COP26 Green Zone event
We’re delighted to be selected to present at COP26. Icebreaker One Founder and CEO Gavin Starks lead a panel of global experts discussing how we can decarbonise our built world. They shared hard-won lessons and advice for policymakers from the frontline of building decarbonisation innovation.
When: 11th November, 5-6pm
Where: Tower Base North
- Gavin Starks, CEO & Founder, Icebreaker One
- Volker Buscher, Chief Data Officer, Arup
- Linet Kwamboka, Africa Program Manager, Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data
- Nuha Eltinay, Board Advisor and representative in MENA for Resurgence
- Anacláudia Rossbach, Regional Manager – Latin America and the Caribbean, Cities Alliance (UNOP)
- Guest speaker to be announced
Watch the IB1 Green Zone event archive:
COP26 fringe event(s) — WBCSD, OpenUK, CISL
10 Nov, 15:30 — Automotive Carbon Emissions: Accountability for collective Action [register]
Hosted by WBCSD, will convene leading automotive manufacturers on scope 3 carbon emissions reporting practices, the need for an interoperable digital infrastructure.
Copy of our slides
11 Nov, 14:00 — Panel on Opening up the Energy Sector [register]
OpenUK are hosting a day-long track on Open Technology for Sustainability. Lord Maude will be delivering the opening keynote, with a session on Open Energy with Ofgem and special guests later in the day, which I will chair.
CISL is organising a series of events to mobilise concrete action and to leverage and scale up best practice around the world for a net zero economy.
ODI SUMMIT — Get your IB1 free pass now [completed]
We will be on two panels at this year’s ODI Summit.
- 2 Nov, Data <> People full programme
- 9:30am: The data may save us: Are humans alone able to tackle climate change? — Gea Mikic, co-founder, Icebreaker One
- 16:30 Towards COP26: How can data people get the planet to net zero? — Gavin Starks, CEO, Icebreaker One
We have arranged for 50 free passes sign up for a complimentary VIP ticket, use promo code OEAG-VIP or just use this link.
ALL UPCOMING — All November events
- Tues 2 – Climate Resilience Demonstrator
Increasing climate resilience through connected digital twins
- Tues 2 – ODI Summit
- Tues 9 – UK Research & Innovation Net Zero Series Towards a sustainable future – Sustainable Energy
- Weds 10 – World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Thurs 11 – OpenUK at COP26 Panel on Opening up the Energy Sector
- Thurs 11 – Icebreaker One at COP26
- Fri 12 – Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership at COP26
Delivering the Climate Transition – Implications of COP26 for finance
🌍 #TogetherForOurPlanet #ClimateAction
See the full Green Zone programme here 👉 https://ukcop26.org/the-conference/green-zone-programme-of-events/