Make data-at-scale work harder to deliver innovative financing for a carbon-zero future
Getting to carbon net-zero is a collective-action problem. Many organisations, across different sectors, and from right across the world need to work together to find a sustainable way forwards.
Icebreaker One is a non-partisan not-for-profit, working to deliver this net-zero future alongside our members. We bring together public and private organisations across finance, water, energy, transport, agriculture and the built environment sectors. We work together to identify the data infrastructure needed to reduce carbon emissions and then unlock this by creating standards-based marketplaces for environmental & financial data. Through our work, we aim to influence investment decisions of $3.6 trillion a year.
Organisations can join us in our development phase as either Members or Strategic Partners, while individuals can join by signing up to our newsletter to follow our progress, receive research and invitations to events.
Your participation will shape the work we do and our project outputs, reveal value and business opportunities and help us identify risks and efficiencies. We ask members to contribute expertise to our research outputs, use-cases to help identify priority areas to work in, and to help promote Icebreaker One’s mission and values, and support dissemination of our work.
In return, you will be invited to:
- Share use-cases to ensure the work we collectively carry out is informed by the needs of your organisation
- Develop joint funding proposals with us and other members,
- Join our collaborative working groups, where we join expertise across silos
- Speak at Icebreaker One events and webinars
The time for theory is over; let’s work together to deliver net-zero.
Current members and strategic partners include: Agvesto, Aon, Arup, Brit Insurance, Bird & Bird, EIT ClimateKIC, ClimateWise, Cambridge Zero, Dais, Lloyds Register Group, Solvere Infrastructuras, the United Nations Environment Programme and Willis Towers Watson.
Why sign up?
- Events – receive invitations to events
- Community – we are building multidisciplinary communities of practice and our five clusters: energy, water, agriculture, transport and the built environment.
- Networking – connect with experts across science, policy, finance and engineering.
- Expertise – access research, briefings and useful resources.
- Influence – connect with public and private sector innovators, leaders and practitioners nationally and internationally.
- News – keep up to date with what’s happening.
Or follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/icebreakerone