“Our opportunity is to develop robust, standards-based marketplaces for environmental & financial data. This will help drive investment to address our climate and biodiversity emergencies.” —Gavin Starks, Founder
Opportunities for participation at organisational-level include financial, non-financial (in-kind) and bilateral contributions as:
► Strategic partner
► Commercial partner, member, sponsor
► Non-commercial partner, member, sponsor
► Icebreaker One Constellation member (individual, peer-network)
To join as a Commercial or Non-commercial Member or Sponsor, see https://icebreakerone.org/membership/
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
We will be publishing more about the Icebreaker One Constellation shortly.
Be an individual Icebreaker — events, research and progress
To follow progress, receive invitations and research, sign-up to the Icebreaker One Newsletter
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/icebreakerone
“investors cannot make informed decisions
because there is not enough data” —Senior Finance Industry expert
Icebreaker One has been developed based on an 18-month industry consultation (2018-19) with many hundreds of participants. The needs that have been articulated include:
- convene public & private sector actors to help share insights, opportunities and threats
- better map investment-to-impact both in pre-funding analysis and post-execution reporting
- demonstrate material long-term impact that reduces risk and increases returns
- stimulate innovation that brings together public & private sector expertise to maximise public good and private returns
- reduce friction in data sharing, addressing IP and related legal and security issues
The initiative also draws on learnings from both the Open Banking Standard and the Open Data Institute.