“Our opportunity is to develop robust, standards-based marketplaces for environmental & financial data. This will help drive investment to address our climate and biodiversity emergencies.” —Gavin Starks, Founder
Opportunities for participation at organisational-level include financial, non-financial (in-kind) and bilateral contributions as:
► Strategic partner
► Commercial partner, member, sponsor
► Non-commercial partner, member, sponsor
► Icebreaker Constellation member (individual, peer-network)
To join as a Commercial or Non-commercial Member or Sponsor, see https://icebreakerone.org/membership/
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
We will be publishing more about the Icebreaker Constellation shortly.
Receive notices on events, research and progress
To follow progress, receive invitations and research, sign-up to the Icebreaker One Newsletter
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/icebreakerone
“investors cannot make informed decisions
because there is not enough data” —Senior Finance Industry expert
Icebreaker One has been developed based on an 18-month industry consultation (2018-19) with many hundreds of participants. The needs that have been articulated include:
- convene public & private sector actors to help share insights, opportunities and threats
- better map investment to impact both in pre-funding analysis and post-execution reporting
- demonstrate material long-term impact that reduces risk and increases returns
- stimulate innovation that brings together public & private sector expertise to maximise public good and private returns
- reduce friction in data sharing, addressing IP and related legal and security issues
The initiative also draws on learnings from both the Open Banking Standard and the Open Data Institute.